找回密码
 点一下
查看: 1880|回复: 0

Using more than one skin on the "same model"

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-4 16:08:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Note: Technically, you don't make it so the model uses more than one skin, you change the path in the model and import it, thus making it a "new" model, so to speak, that uses a new skin file.

I think I did this before already but here goes again to hopefully stop some frequent questions to me.... This tutorial assumes you have a .mdx of a model and which to change the skin path on it so you can have two different versions of the model. Doing it this way requires you to import a new model file and the skin into your map/mpq. Also, this isn't technically recommended if you are worried about map size, as it will raise it some, but I think it's worth it, and size don't matter anyways! (at least in this case) ;)
_________

Things Needed:

<> Expansion (TFT)
<> Wc3 File Converter
<> Notepad (preferred text editor)
<> Possible an MPQ extraction program to get the needed model file

- - -

Step 1 - Put the model file you wish to put a second skin on into the directory (folder) that the wc3 converter program is in.

Step 2 - Run the file convert program and load the .mdx file. Then convert it to an MDL. This may pop up an error message or you may get one when you quit the program, but just ignore it as it's only the result of sloppy programming.

Step 3 - Open the MDL file with Notepad (preferred). Next you need to scroll down or search for an area that looks like this....
Example:
  1. }
  2. Textures 5 {
  3.     Bitmap {
  4.         Image "",
  5.         ReplaceableId 1,
  6.     }
  7.     Bitmap {
  8.         Image "Textures\Arthas.blp",
  9.     }
  10.     Bitmap {
  11.         Image "",
  12.         ReplaceableId 2,
  13.     }
  14.     Bitmap {
  15.         Image "Textures\Yellow_Star_Dim.blp",
  16.     }
  17.     Bitmap {
  18.         Image "Textures\RibbonBlur1.blp",
  19.     }
  20. }Materials 5 {
复制代码
This is from the Arthas MDL file. Notice the main texture path "Textures\Arthas.blp" All that is really needed here is something like "Textures\Arthas2.blp", but you are free to alter it more if you want.

To clarify, RENAME THE PART IN QUOTES (IN THIS CASE, "Textures\Arthas.blp") TO A NEW NAME. DO NOT ADD A LINE, JUST RENAME THIS TO SOMETHING ELSE!!!

JUST REMEMBER WHAT THE EXACT PATH IS! I recommend Copy-and-Pasting it anyways to ensure it's the same.

Step 4 - Use the converter program to convert it back to an MDX. This should be fairly straight foreward. Remember: make sure the file is in the same dir/folder as the program and ignore any stupid error messages.

Step 5 - Importing time. Import your new model and skin file (that you are going through this whole process to work. It doesn't really matter what you name the model file that you import, but you don't have to give it a custom path, just leave it alone. Now you WILL need to set a path for your skin file that will go on the new model file that you altered. Change that to the path you set in Step 3 of this guide. Make sure it's exact PLEASE!

Step 6 - Once you have imported and set the correct paths, please save, quit, and re-open the World Editor. Load your map and then go to the Unit Editor and set the desired unit's "Model File" to the imported one you made. It should work right away.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 点一下

本版积分规则

Archiver|移动端|小黑屋|地精研究院

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 07:32 , Processed in 0.082083 second(s), 18 queries .